måndag 15 mars 2010

Japan

So I have finally reached one of my maingoals in my career as a singer. The 1st of April I will travel to Japan to do a 12 days tour. It´s a part of an organization called Scandinavian Connection, created by Yasuhito Mori. This organization gives the opportunity for swedish musicians to do concerts in Japan and the other way around. This tour will be the 38th exchange made since 1992!

On this tour I have Yasuhito Mori on bass and Simon Westman on piano, both living in Sweden. We´ve been playing together for two years now and during this time we´ve focused on playing my composition; music with jazz- and popinfluences. This is also the repertoar we´ll be playing in Japan added with some traditional jazzstandards and swedish folksongs. We will also have Sebastiaan Kaptein on drums who we´ll be meeting up in Sapporo. He´s actually from Holland but lives in Japan.

Enough with the facts!

We´ve been rehearsing a couple of times since I came back from Paris in March. It feels really good to play with Mori and Simon again. I´ve missed it alot.
I´m excited to meet Sebastiaan and play my songs, it´s gonna be a major difference with drums. I´ve tried it before so I know it´s gonna be great! Like last spring on my concert at "Mitt andra hem" together with Chris Montgomery and also my "Bye-bye concert" in Paris only one month ago. (I´ll tell you more about that another time) So exciting!

I´m making 200 demos to bring to Japan as promotion. I´ve been using an internetcompany and it couldn´t get any worse. When I got them last week, the booklets were broken and the colours were...let´s just say wrong to avoid the use of really bad words. Paniced for three hours, got my money back and now I´m using a local company. A real person with a real store who I can talk to "live". Feeling really optimistic and I´ve learned a lesson. =)

If you want, you can listen to my intervju on radio Kalmar (at 08.20 min) when I talk about my tour:
http://www.sr.se/webbradio/webbradio.asp?type=broadcast&Id=2253169&BroadcastDate=&IsBlock=




Inga kommentarer:

Skicka en kommentar