fredag 5 mars 2010

Introduction...

So, it´s getting closer...my tour in Japan. But maybe I should start by introducing myself.
I´m Maria, 27, singer and composer, born and raised on Öland; a small island in the Baltic sea, now living in Gothenburg. Singing is my great passion in life, or more truthful, it´s the only thing I really want to do.

I´ve been singing all my life since my parents are musicteachers and musicans, as well. So it was an easy choice for me but I really need to stress that it was my choice. I moved to Oskarshamn when I was 16 to study music and I just fell in love with music and playing and that is when I realized that this is it. This is what I want to do.

In every path a chose I ended up singing, in Malmö where I worked at a jazzclub, in Östersund where I studied jazz, in Kalmar where I sang in a musical etc. So finally I moved to Gothenburg to study music at the university. And here I am, going on my last 6 month in august and I just came home from exchange studies in Paris at the Conservatoire National Superiour. All these great things has happened to me and Im so greatful for the experiences.

Anyway, I would like to stop here before you all get tired of me. This is a blog about my process, about my adventures. You know, that´s one thing I´ve learned during my years; that music really takes you to these strange and exciting places you thought you would never see.

So welcome and hope you enjoy the reading.

Inga kommentarer:

Skicka en kommentar